Higher studies is the right of every individual and the lack of financial support shall not deprive anyone from the better educated. It is at times difficult to bear all expenses abroad, which include the course fees, house rent, food bills and other expenses. This is why to pursue higher education abroad one might seek the financial support.
Keeping this the aim, “Social Justice & Special Assistance Department” (Government of Maharashtra) is providing the Financial Scholarship to SC/ST candidates applying for Master level courses & P.Hd. Studies in foreign countries in the accredited Institution/ University by QS World Ranking 300. Up to 50 candidates could be benefited from this scholarship.
The age limit for the applicant is 40 yrs for PhD candidate and 35 yrs for the other examinations.
There is an Income Ceiling for the Financial Assistance:
|The candidate is selected for QS World University Ranking Top 100 and London School of Economics
|No Income Ceiling
|QS World Ranking 101 to 300
|Family Income from all sources should be less than Rs. 6lacs p.a.
- Candidates who are selected for QS World University Ranking top 300 will only be eligible for the scholarship.
- The Candidate should clear the required entrance exam (For E.g. GRE/TOFEL/IELTS etc.)
- The Applicant must have received the Offer letter from the Foreign University/institution.
- Responsibility of issuance of Passport/Visa lies with the applicant.
- In case of discontinuance of the study, the candidate shall repay the amount received through scholarship in a single installment.
- The application format is available on Maharshtra.Gov.In and https://sjsa.maharashtra.gov.in
- The applicant must submit all the documents required by the Government to sanction the scholarship along with the Security Bond from TWO Individuals.
- The Final decision about the sanction of scholarship would be taken by the “Social Justice & Special Assistance Department” of Government of Maharashtra.
The Scholarship Includes:
- Airfare for Shortest route in economy class
- Education Fees
- Survival Allowance: Every Year 14000 US $ for US & other countries and 9000GBPound for UK
- Unplanned expenses: Every Year 1375US$ and 1000 GB Pounds for UK
- The Candidate shall submit the report of progress every year to the department.