The Charpak scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the Embassy of France in India. It was named after Georges Charpak, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist who made significant contributions to particle physics. This scholarship is given for one to two years of studies in France at the Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study.
The scholarship is designed for Indian students who wish to pursue higher education in France. It offers various types of scholarships, including Master’s programs, exchange programs, and research internships. The scholarship covers tuition fees, health insurance, and a monthly stipend to cover living expenses.
The Charpak scholarship program aims to promote academic excellence, cultural exchange, and collaboration between France and India. It provides a unique opportunity for Indian students to study in one of the world’s leading academic destinations and experience French culture firsthand.
BENEFITS OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Living allowance of 860 euros per month
- Fee waiver for Student Visa and Etudes en France
- Social security
- Assistance for student accommodation
You must have the following eligibility for this scholarship.
- Must be an Indian national or an OCI card holder
- 30 years old maximum on the date of application
- be a student currently enrolled in or have studied at an Indian Institution of higher learning
- have applied for admission at a French institution before applying for the scholarship. For the admission procedures, please contact your nearest Campus France office in India or refer to the website of the institution of your choice.
- The course must take place in France. If you have one semester or more of studies in another country, the scholarship will not be provided during that period.
- An exception will be made for Charpak scholarship holders who are currently completing their M1 in France. They may re-apply for a second year of funding to complete their M2. There is no automatic renewal of the scholarship at the M2 level. Acceptance will be subject to academic performance at the M1 level, the nature of the master programme and a new statement of purpose.
- Knowledge of French is an asset but not mandatory to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship is available for master’s degree programmes in France. You are not eligible to apply if you want to work on your master’s thesis or research project.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The students must submit their application on the online scholarship portal http://ifi.scholarship.ifindia.in/ along with the scans of the following documents:
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of the first page of your passport. If you are getting your passport after the deadline, please attach proof of your passport application.
- Copy of resume (maximum two pages).
- Copy of acceptance letter from the French higher education institution.
- Copy of mark sheets and degree of Higher Secondary School (XII), Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees or any other relevant documents you have.
- French language certificate, if any you have, like DELF /DALF
- Document of employment/internship/work record
- LORs from the current Indian university/employer or the institution last attended.
Official Website is