The APS certificate is a document issued by the Academic Evaluation Centre (APS) to prove the authenticity of academic documents for enrolling in German universities. It is mandatory for students from India, Vietnam, mainland China, and Mongolia to obtain an APS certificate before applying for a German student visa. An APS certificate is the prerequisite for your visa application. It is proof of authenticity for Indian academic documents and It states the guiding eligibility criteria, which the German universities apply to the candidates while offering the students admission to the courses. The APS certificate is valid for an unlimited period of time. However, it is important to note that German universities may still require you to submit your original academic documents for verification.
Documents are Required for APS
To apply for an APS certificate, you need to submit the following documents:
- Original and photocopies of your academic transcripts
- Original and photocopies of your degree certificates
- Proof of English language proficiency (if required)
- A completed application form
- A processing fee of INR 18,000
Legible A4 sized coloured photocopies of all original documents. Both sides of all the documents must be photocopied
You can apply for an APS certificate online or in person at the APS office in India. The processing time is typically 4-6 weeks.
How to apply for APS for study in Germany
For more information on the APS certificate, please visit the APS website: https://aps-india.de/
Here are some additional things to keep in mind about the APS certificate:
- The APS certificate is only valid for the specific program you are applying for. If you change your mind and want to apply for a different program, you will need to apply for a new APS certificate.
- The APS certificate is not a guarantee of admission to a German university. The university will still review your application and make a decision based on your academic qualifications and other factors.
How to pay for APS certificate
To pay for an APS certificate, you can either pay online or by offline bank transfer.
To pay online, you will need to create an account on the APS website and then follow the instructions to make a payment using CCAvenue. The payment gateway accepts all major credit and debit cards, as well as net banking.
To pay by offline bank transfer, you will need to use the following bank details:
- Bank details for transferring the fees in INR:
- Account Holder : Embassy of Federal Republic of Germany – Wiss
- Account Number : 0946426766
- Name of Bank : Kotak Mahindra Bank
- IFSC Code : KKBK0000182
Once you have made the payment, you will need to keep the receipt for future reference.
Here are the steps on how to pay for an APS certificate online:
- Go to the APS India website and click on the “Payment” tab.
- Create an account if you do not have one already.
- Enter your application number and click on the “Proceed” button.
- Select the “CCAvenue” payment option.
- Enter your credit or debit card details and click on the “Pay Now” button.
- You will receive a confirmation email once the payment is successful.
Here are the steps on how to pay for an APS certificate by offline bank transfer:
- Download the bank transfer form from the APS India website.
- Fill out the form and attach a copy of your payment receipt.
Where should I Courier my Documents?
Address: Academic Evaluation Centre, Gate No. 3, DLTA Complex, R.K. Khanna Stadium, 1 Africa Avenue, 110029 New Delhi, India
Do I submit notarized documents?
Documents submitted to the APS need not be notarized. Exception: Documents translated into the English language from any of the Indian regional languages must be notarized.
How to get APS-approved Fasters
To get APS faster you need to start the process early. If you have an offer letter from any German University as your University or Institution to contact the APS department and request to Expidiate the evaluation process. This will push the APS team and assign your case on a priority basis. APS Team will contact you and begin your process As early as possible.
The Most important is while filling out the application please fill in all details correctly and legitimately. Crosscheck your form before submitting it to APS online and Courier documents Properly.