The Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarships are awarded to young Indians for postgraduate studies in the arts, humanities, social sciences, and sciences at universities abroad. The foundation aims to support bright and talented individuals who have the potential to make a significant contribution to their chosen field and to India’s development. The scholarships are highly competitive and are awarded based on academic merit, demonstrated talent and the potential for future achievements. The foundation aims to support and nurture exceptional talent in India and encourage the development of a dynamic and forward-thinking society. Eligible candidates should have a strong academic record and demonstrate potential for excellence in their chosen field. The application process typically includes submitting educational transcripts, recommendation letters, and a personal statement. Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships are offered to deserving students in European and American universities. It includes university courses and special programs.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Since 1976, Inlaks Shivdasani Scholarships have been granted to Indian students to read at top-rated American, UK, and European institutions in a full-time Masters, MPhil, or Doctoral program.
We award up to USD 100,000 to cover program tuition as well as scholars’ living expenses, healthcare, and one-way airfare. The Foundation has joint-scholarship arrangements with Imperial College, London, the Royal College of Art (RCA), London, the University of Cambridge (Cambridge Trust), and Sciences Po, Paris.
For more information, you can check official page click here.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The maximum funding given by the Foundation is USD 100,000. If the total funding required to complete the proposed course of study exceeds this amount, at the time of application, candidates must show evidence that they can cover the additional costs on their own.
Applications made to Imperial College, London, the Royal College of Art (RCA), London, the University of Cambridge (Cambridge Trust), and Sciences Po, Paris will benefit from additional funding through the Foundation’s joint scholarships with these institutions and can exceed the USD 100,000 limit while making an application.
Acceptance of other awards, teaching assistantships, and part-time jobs are welcome even if your application to the Foundation is successful; applicants are required to report additional funding sources to the Foundation when they are received.
A candidate’s proposed course of study cannot require field trips to India during the study tenure.
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
- Students must be residents of India at the time of application. Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India.
- Indian passport holders who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university abroad must have resided continuously, been employed, or have been studying in India for at least two years after their under-graduation.
- It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen at the time of the application. The Foundation will not consider candidates without evidence of admission.
- English language certification (IELTS) score is required as a conditional part of their offer letter must attain that certification before applying for the scholarship.
- Must have valid offer letter for current year.
- For Social Sciences, Humanities, Law, Fine Arts, Architecture and related subjects, candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 65%, CGPA 6.8, or GPA 2.6 from a recognized university/institution.
- For Mathematics, Sciences, Environment and related subjects, candidates must have a minimum academic grade of 70%, CGPA 7.2, or GPA 2.8 from a recognized university/institution.
- Must make online.
- Must have a valid passport to apply.
- One submission per candidate will be accepted.
- The online portal will not accept applications that do not meet the academic and financial eligibility criteria as given above.
- Two letters of reference are mandatory, and one must be from an academic referee; candidates must provide official email addresses for both referees.
You can Apply online by clicking Link Here.
Applications Open: 15 February 2023
Applications Close: 30 March 2023 at 12 noon