Types of Pronouns & Relative Pronouns
1.Eg: I am an artist.
2.—- like doing adventure sports like river rafting.
3.—- would like to invite Stacy to join us for dinner.
4.—- went home.
5.—- should complete your homework by 5pm.
6.—- look gorgeous.
7.—- is clever.
8.—- is a great chess player.
9.—- runs fast.
10. —- has won many medals for running.
11. —- doesn’t work.
12. —- will be taken care of.
13. —- played doubles.
14. —- will manage everything for the party tonight.
1.Lata helped —– organise the party.
2.He wrote a song for —– .
3.Anthony drove —– to the church last Sunday.
4.She invited —— to the beach party.
5.Kanika texted twice.
6.Amreen considers —– (all) as family.
7.She wants you to dance at——wedding.
8.Does Mala know ?
9.Did she finish writing novel?
10.Robert had a close friend Ned. Robert trusted —– with his life.
11.He made —– the most powerful man in the seven kingdoms.
12.The PM took this decision.—–made him very popular.
13.Can the plumber fix ?
14.Kiran and Mahi beat —– .
15.She started plotting against ——
1.—– first car was a Mini Cooper.
2.—– college is just 1 km from my house.
3.This is —– dog Rusty.
4.We have covered all books.
5.Write —– details here.
6.Submit —– documents now.
7.Thailand has now opened —— border with Cambodia.
8.Mrs. Khan asked that the package be delivered to —— at the office.
9.He has preserved history.
10. —– tail keeps moving.
11.The dog is sick. —– medicines have started.
12.She has promised to keep —– property safe.
13. —— grandson would be returning soon.
1.Look at these pictures. —– is the big one.
2.I like your flowers. Do you like ?
3.Here is your car. —– is over there, where we left it.
4.Your photos are good. —– are terrible.
5.I looked everywhere for your key. I found Kunal’s key but I couldn’t find –.
6.Each couple’s books are colour-coded. —– are red.
7.John found his passport but Mary couldn’t find –.
8.Mary found her clothes but John couldn’t find –.
9.All the essays were good but —– was the best.
10.—– poetry soothes my soul.
11.These aren’t Vishal and Geet’s children. —– have black hair.
12.Vipul and Megha don’t like your car. Do you like ?
1.I saw —— in the mirror.
2.I wrote the essay by –.
3.We think of that gas leak tragedy and blame –.
4.Never mind. We’ll do it –.
5.Do you see —— in the mirror, daily?
6.There is a buffet system at the wedding. Could you help ?
7.Please, take care of ——- during this pandemic.
8.Mary sent ——- a bouquet of flowers.
9.She ——– spoke to me.
10.John sent —— a copy.
11.The President ——- promised to stop the war.
12.The exam ——– wasn’t difficult, but the exam room was horrible.
13.My dog hurt –.
14. Babies cannot look after –.
15. They recommend this book even though they have never read it –.
A relative pronoun is used to explain the meaning of a previous noun; at the same time, it connects a relative clause to the rest of the sentence. So, it acts as a conjunction and a pronoun at the same time. The clause modifies or describes the noun.The most common relative pronouns are who, whom, whose, which, and that.
• Relative pronouns are placed directly after the noun or pronoun they modify.
• The subject of the sentence is described by a relative clause. Since these clauses describe a noun or a
pronoun, they are also known as adjective clauses because they act like adjectives in the sentence.
• Each clause is introduced by a relative pronoun.
Occasionally, the relative adverbs when and where are also used as relative pronouns.
As a relative pronoun, when introduces clauses that describe a noun that
refers to a time, and where refers to a place.
Check out a few different sentence examples.
• He remembered the day when we met.
• The school where I work is in this building.
• Grandma remembers a time when radio shows were popular.
• I want to visit the land where my favourite leader was born.
1. Children who eat a lot of candy often get bad breath.
2. Here is the newspaper in my room.
3. Can you name the artist’s famous painting called ‘The
Girl with the Pearl Earring’?
8.This is the school…..I learned English.
9.My sister,…. lives in Istanbul, is going to visit us.
10.That pencil…..is on your desk, belongs to me. Which