Which type of sentence requires subordinate conjunction?
Simple / Compound / Complex
Fill in the blanks with subordinate conjunction:
1.He goes to college……he finishes his breakfast.
2…… she took the medicine, she felt better.
3.It has been a year……I have not driven the car.
4.Gurgaon has high rise buildings, Delhi has no such buildings.
5.I fall sick….I work regularly for 7 days.
6.Sam practices golf…..he knows how to play.
7.Neha wanted to improve her score, she took extra classes.
8.Nick got the opportunity……he is slow in learning.
Select the Complex sentences and answer why: –
1. The water is flowing.
2. The building is beautiful, but it is made up of glass.
3. If the dog barks, they will complain to security.
4. Jenny enrolled in the course because it was the last day.
5. He had a toothache.
6. Although the road was bumpy, I drove smoothly.
7. You have to work hard since you required 90% for admission.
8. Cats are good pets, for they are clean and less noisy.
• I like studying types of sentences because it is explained well.
• Because types of sentences are explained well, I like studying them.
• Mom cooked food as soon as the kids came back from school.
• As soon as the kids came back from school, mom cooked food.
• Although it was raining, Mr. Roy went fishing.
• Mr. Roy went fishing although it was raining.
• Nick will not get admission to the college if he doesn’t complete the
• If Nick doesn’t complete the task, he will not get admission.