The massive list of speaking questions in IELTS Part 2. Practice it and get ready for your IELTS speaking section 2. The speaking section two consists of one main question and 3 or 4 sub questions. Section 2 is commonly referred to as the “Long Turn” or the “Individual Presentation” section. It is designed to assess your ability to speak coherently and fluently on a given topic. This section lasts for approximately 3-4 minutes, including both the preparation time and the speaking time.
In Section 2, the examiner is assessing various aspects of your speaking skills, including your ability to:
- Express ideas clearly and coherently.
- Develop and support your ideas with examples and details.
- Use a wide range of vocabulary and appropriate grammatical structures.
- Pronounce words accurately and use correct intonation and stress patterns.
- Maintain a fluent and natural pace of speech.
- Organize your thoughts and present information in a structured manner.
To perform well in this section, it is essential to practice speaking on a variety of topics, as well as work on your time management skills to ensure that you can effectively cover the prompts within the given time frame.
1. Describe a (long) car journey you went on
2. Describe a book that you have read many times
3. Describe a speech you gave
4. Describe a new store/shop in your town/city.
5. Describe a place away from your home and you want to visit in the future
6. Describe an adventure you would like to go on.
7. Describe an invention
8. Describe a popular person
9. Describe the game you enjoyed playing when you were younger.
Different Types of Sentences for IELTS Essay
10. Describe someone you know who has recently moved to a new place
11. Describe an occasion when you got incorrect information
12. Describe a valuable item that you would like to give as a gift
13. Describe a piece of clothing you wear most often
14. Describe an occasion when you spent time with a young child
15. Describe a sports program you like to watch
16. Describe a job that you think is interesting.
17. Describe your idea of a perfect home or dream house where you want to live
18. Describe a movie you that recently saw and that disappointed you.
19. Describe someone you know who often helps others
20. Describe a time when you lost your way.
21. A happy memory from your childhood
22. Describe an important decision you made
23. Describe a water sport you would like to try in the future
24. Describe a crowded place you have visited
25. Describe a festival that is important in your country.
26. Describe something that you did with someone/ a group of people
27. Describe a daily routine that you enjoy
28. Describe a place you visited where the air was polluted.
29. Describe an actor or actress whom you admire.
30. Describe a person you would like to study or work with
31. Describe a time when you were late
32. Describe an advertisement that you don’t like
33. Describe a person who inspired you to do something interesting.
34. Describe a website which helped you to do something / website you visit often/ use regularly 11
35. Describe a piece of good news you heard from others
36. Describe a place where there was a lot of noise/ Describe a noisy place you have been to 11
37. Describe something you taught to your friend/relative. You should say:
38. Describe your experience when you changed your school/college” or Describe an experience about moving to a new school or house/ Describe your first day at school
39. Describe a place/ country in which you would like to live/ work for a short period of time 11
40. Talk about an interesting old person you met recently
41. Describe a piece of technology that you find difficult to use.
42. Describe a historical period you would like to know more about
43. Describe an unusual meal that you had.
44. Describe an achievement/success you are proud of
45. Talk about a thing you complained about something (but finally got a good result)
46. Describe when someone gave you something you really wanted /a gift your received
47. Describe a development in your country like shopping centre, park etcetera
48. Describe a time when you had to lend something to a person you know. You should say
49. Describe a person you met at a party and enjoyed a conversation with. You should say
50. Describe an area in your home where you feel relaxed.
51. Describe an activity you enjoyed in your free time when you were young
52. Describe a course that you want to learn / study you would like to do in future/ something that you would like to learn in the future
53. Describe a character from a movie
54. Describe an English class/lesson that you enjoyed
55. Describe a difficult thing you did and succeeded
56. Describe an object you find particularly beautiful (For example, a painting, sculpture, piece of jewellery/furniture, etc.).
57. Describe a time you used your cellphone/ smartphone to do something important
Scared of True/False/Not Given & Paragraph Heading Questions
58. Describe an important thing you learned, not at school or college.
59. Describe something that surprised you and made you happy
60. Describe a photo that you took and are proud of
61. Describe a problem you had while shopping online or in a store
62. Describe a time when you saw a lot of plastic waste (e.g. in a park, on the beach, etc.)
63. Describe a time when you needed to search for information
64. Describe a person you know who is from a different culture
65. Describe a time you made a decision to wait for something
66. Describe a time when you received money as a gift.
67. Talk about a TV show you like to watch
68. Describe a person who you believe dresses well
69. Describe a person who likes to grow plants
70. Describe a time you had a disagreement with someone
71. Describe a house/apartment that someone you know lives in.
72. Describe a place where you go to do outdoor activities or play a sport
Or Describe a popular place of sports that you’ve been to
73. Describe a city you would recommend as a nice place to live (not your hometown)
Or Describe a place in your country or part of your country that you would like to recommend to visitors/travelers
74. Describe a time when someone asked for your opinion
75. Describe a time when you missed an appointment
76. Describe a time you were very busy
77. Describe a childhood friend
78. Describe something that you have shared with others (or another person).
79. Describe a story or a novel that was particularly interesting to you
80. Describe a popular/well-known person in your country
81. Describe a time when you helped a child
82. Describe something that surprised you
83. Describe an occasion when you lost something
84. Describe a creative person whose work you admire
85. Describe a difficult decision that you once made.
86. Describe something that was broken in your home and then repaire
87. Describe an ambition that you haven’t achieved