You’ll learn how to analyze social issues systematically, at a local level, national level and global level.
Sociology is the academic study of social behaviour, including its origins, development, organization, and institutions. It is a social science that uses various methods of empirical investigation and critical analysis to develop a body of knowledge about social order, social disorder and social change.
Sociologists emphasize thecareful Collection and analyzing and observing the evidence of social life to develop and enrich our knowledge of key social processes. The research methods of sociology is used for many sectors as mentioned below.
- Criminal Justice and law– In corrections, rehabilitation, law enforcement, the justice system, parole system.
- Business and Industry Strategies- Advertising, Consumer and Market Research, Management of Non-profit organizations, Human Resources Management, Training and Human Development Activities, Leadership Management Training.
- Research and Planning for your Business as well as Government– Governmental and regional planning departments, research firms, evaluation research, public opinion research.
- Various Agencies like Social Services, Physical and Mental Health Services, Child Adoption, Child and baby Care, Youth and old-age Services, Developmental Disability Services.
- Government– Social Science Analysis, Census Bureau and other federal agencies, Administration, Heath Management, Education Management, Political and Social Activities, Internal Security.
- Education Management– Public and Private Schools, Colleges and Universities, Administration, Alumni Relations, Placement Offices, Educational Research.